Typically I don't see this hour of night unless I'm drinking and dancing, but here I sit, on the sofa developing THOUSAND of pricing variables that I'm certain will NOT be looked at but were ORDERED by LBM. I've just spent the past 5 hours of MY TIME doing spreadsheet after spreadsheet over what I'm pretty certain was an error.
LBM "I want you to do the client forms with the revised numbers based on the 42 metric".
Me "ummm the clients form were based off constants, therefore, the variable we've been working with isn't relevant".
LBM "oh .. umm ... we'll I'll need to review the options"
Me *sigh* "which of the multipliers on the 42 factor?"
LMB "All of them".
Quick math - 3 finishes, by 4 delivered variables, by 35 items, by various metrics ... even I've lost count of how many I've done.
This was at 4:30 this afternoon. He doesn't really "need" this information for the meeting tomorrow, but he wants it. So here I sit, almost 2 hours after my bedtime finishing up the "waste of time" spreadsheets.
Before leaving a coworker asks "are you working late tonight?"
Me "yep, but I'm going to take the laptop home and do it there. I either don't get paid and stay late here and do it, or don't get paid and go home and drink wine and do it". I'm pretty sure there's an HR policy somewhere that wouldn't enable me to sit at my desk in the office drinking wine and wearing my jammies.
*cheers*


No comments:
Post a Comment