Wednesday, October 7, 2009

An effective use of my time ...

So, lil bro and I get called in for a recap meeting with LBM. Apparently the meeting the day before with the client went VERY well, and now we have to PUSH to deliver the program. Insane, unreasonable, completely inachievable time lines ... it's what we do!

LBM " I want you to get in your car and DRIVE to the closest XXXX location, to find out what they're currently carrying"

Me "You realize that we're talking about XXXX City, and that's 2.5 hours drive each WAY"

LBM "Yes, this is important and I want you to do it right away"

Me "ok"

In all reality I can CALL that location and have the answer in the matter of minutes, but I could use a day out of the loony bin, and there IS that Coach outlet near that place ... hmmmm

ROAD TRIP!

5 comments:

  1. See? The trip isn't a total loss! ;)

    Getting out of the office is always a plus.

    The problem is that they tag you and drag you back to captivity soon after. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo.... did you get anything at the Coach outlet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No doubt Skitcher.

    LOL Nic, I wasn't impressed with Coach ... however my FABULOUS new Kate Spade is AWESOME ;-) Pics to follow soon!

    RW

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! I was wondering what the road trip was all about! Do you get mileage reimbursement, to boot?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMAO Alicia, how do you think I could afford the Kate Spade? Yep, the ONLY reason I went was for the mileage cheque!

    ReplyDelete