Sunday, November 1, 2009

Laying bets

I'm wondering what the book makers in Vegas would place the odds at getting annual bonuses this year. Honestly, the bonuses are random, don't seem to be connected to performance in any way shape or form, or even be connected to how the business is preforming.

Last year our bonuses were barely worth the cheques they were printed on. I figured, okay, if it means forgoing decent bonuses to save jobs I can live with that .... then the layoffs came, in force.

This year has not been a major growth year, but when you look at sales / profitability to the reduction in capitol spending, we're actually doing okay. I'm also assuming that since the company is buying a plane and the executives are taking flying lessons, things are "okay".

Of course, I'm laying odds that "the economy" will decimate our bonuses again.

2 comments:

  1. Having both lived in Vegas and knowing how corporations like their money, I would say that the chances of receiving bonuses are slim to none...and Slim's out of town. ;)

    Your cash will be needed for jet fuel and topless stewardesses for the company plane...lol.

    Thank you in advance for your contribution! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also assuming that since the company is buying a plane and the executives are taking flying lessons, things are "okay".

    K, you do know this is where the employee bonuses have gone, don't you?

    Karen

    ReplyDelete